This is treason!
Article 3 – Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution states, “Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
Trump gave aid and comfort to our historic enemy Russia when he publicly stated that he believed Putin over our national intelligence agencies in Helsinki before global press. As John Garamendi – Democratic Representative from California’s 3rd District – stated on CNN this morning, no other U.S. president has “abandoned their oath of office.”
For the sake of argument, let’s say that Donald Trump was absolutely innocent with regards to collusion with Russia in the 2016 election. His public exoneration of Putin in Helsinki for God and the world to see and hear, when every national intelligence agency agrees there was Russian intervention in the 2016 election, is basically an attempt to cover it up. That puts Trump in Nixonland – but Trump is worse than Nixon since he is covering up the crime of a foreign country, and not just any foreign country – our 20th century nemesis.
While Trump’s attempts at damage control in his press statement today may pacify his base and enablers, it will not pacify our former allies in NATO. All world leaders should be very concerned that the Commander in Chief of the United States – the nation with the most nuclear weapons in the world – is a man who acquiesces to the demands of the Russian dictator.
Good try handlers, but Trump finally saying that he has faith in our national intelligence agencies and his lame “would vs. wouldn’t – double-negative” defense does not exonerate him from his ass-licking support of Putin in yesterday’s press conference, especially when in the same dialogue he goes on to state that it “could be other people also. A lot of people out there.” In addition, attempting to change “would” to “wouldn’t” is inconsistent in the context of everything else that was said in the Helsinki press conference. I call BS. If impeachment charges are not initiated and this president is not held accountable then the entire system is indeed rigged.
Russia is playing a long game, and our failure as a nation is their triumph. Trump has isolated the U.S. from our dearest allies and threatened a global trade war. This is not wise diplomacy; it is Vladimir Putin’s dream come true.
Like many others, I suspect that Trump’s connection to Russia is financial. According to a Vanity Fair article from May 8, 2017, by Tina Nguyen, in 2008, Donald Trump, Jr., stated that “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot or our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.” In Eric Trump’s radio interview with golf journalist James Dodson in 2014, Eric bragged, “We have all the funding we need out of Russia.” Furthermore, this article points out that “63 Russian billionaires have invested nearly $100 million in several Trump properties in Florida.” This is likely dirty money from corrupt oligarchs and Russian mob associates – who are basically one in the same. https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/05/eric-trump-russia-investment-golf-course
Regarding the alleged pee-pee tape, who really gives a shit if Trump watched prostitutes urinate on a mattress that Barack Obama once slept on. Initially when I first heard the story, I mistakenly assumed that the women had peed on Trump, which is slightly more amusing. Either way, wetting a mattress or giving “The Donald” a golden shower is simply not juicy enough to provoke a coverup of this magnitude from a man who bragged he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and still not lose any votes. Donald Trump’s sins are financial.
If Trump truly supports U.S. intelligence agencies, he will immediately discontinue all criticism of the Mueller investigation; otherwise he is continuing to give aid and comfort to the nation that sought to manipulate our election and destroy our democratic republic.
July 16, 2018: A Day That Will Live In Infamy
We have been attacked by our own president.
The United States is no longer in control of our own foreign policy; Vladimir Putin and the Russian Confederacy are dictating our agenda.
This is unprecedented. All Americans should be highly alarmed.
At this point, if you vote for anyone who supports the Trump agenda, you are voting against the sovereignty (independence) of the United States.
There is no going back. Our president has humiliated and broken ties with our democratic allies, while he embraces the world’s dictators.
Where do you draw the line?
- As the sister of a brother who suffered from Muscular Dystrophy, the line for me was crossed when Trump mocked the disabled reporter in November 2015. What type of person does this? In a society that decries bullying, our president is the biggest bully in the world.
Trump has gone on to cross many more lines in my concept of morality:
- Trump’s claim that John McCain is not a war hero because he was captured is an insult to everyone who has ever served in the military.
- Trump’s criticism of the Gold Star parents who spoke at the Democratic National Convention again insults all military families.
- Trump’s “grab them by the pussy” comment on the Access Hollywood tape insults all women.
- Trump’s constant harassment of the press is dangerous to our democratic society.
- Trump’s habitual denigration of all Democrats maligns half of our nation’s citizens.
- Trump’s Muslim ban, targeting of Black athletes who choose to take a knee during the National Anthem, and immigration hysteria are based in blatant racism.
- Trump’s labeling White Supremacists as “very fine people” is reprehensible.
- Trump’s harassment of the LGBTQ community is cruel.
- Trump’s eagerness to sell out our natural resources so oil, natural gas, and mining corporations can profit is despicable.
- Trump’s blatant actions to financially enrich himself and his family is a violation of the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution.
- Trump’s unabashed enthusiasm and admiration for dictators worldwide is frightening.
- Trump’s continuous lies on all topics big and small has destroyed the integrity of the office of the presidency.
And now – casting aside our NATO allies and siding with Putin over our National Intelligence Agencies is TREASON!
Our nation will never be the same.
I understand that many Americans were frustrated with the political process and wanted to shake things up. Trump’s policies have gone beyond that. They are destroying our nation from within.
Many people must be questioning their support for President Trump. Even if you supported some of his policies, other actions and comments must have shaken your confidence in this man. If Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, or anyone else committed these acts, how would you react?
At what point does this make you uncomfortable?
Has your line been crossed by any of this?
As a historian, let me assure you that history will not be kind to this man or his enablers.
We are witnessing in real time the decline and fall of the United States.